• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory Batches, history etc

ScottKinD

Apprentice
Reaction score
Others have mentioned this I think but I have seen no response.  I moved from Beer Alchemy and one thing I'm really missing in the inventory is any kind of tracking.  In BA you add batches so different purchases from different suppliers and or at different dates are tracked separately.  You see the over all total and averages but you can open up the item and see what came from where and when.

BS doesn't seem to be smart about inventory at all.  It adds everything into one heap (OK for grains but not so great for hops) and then takes the latest purchase price as the cost per unit.  This price should at least be an average of prices or it is really pretty meaningless.

The other upside with batch tracking is you can look back and see what you bought and what it cost.  I buy from a number of places because prices (for the same thing) vary wildly.  It's nice to be able to remind oneself of where you bought XYZ.

The easiest "fix" would be to allow multiple entries of the same item.  It would make automatic inventory adjustment complicated but I would rather do that manually or at least semi manually.  One of the gripes with BA is that it does it automatically and you can't choose what items you used, unless you just bypass the whole adjust inventory and then the manual mode is a pain.

I 100% agree with this.

I always used BA because I was a Mac user. I just switched over to BS and love the interface so much more. Right now I keep duplicating ingredients in order to track different orders of ingredients and hop %s. 

Back