• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Error: Another copy of BeerSmith is already running.

Hi,

I`m having the same problem and I already tried all you said before, from reset the computer to try to reinstall the beer smith and nothing work. Any idea about what is happening?

Thanks,
Victor

I'm getting the same error message on my Mac now. I can't open Beersmith after a machine reboot.
Help!

This just happened to me. I think BS2 crashed while was using it recently, and when I went to use it today it wouldn't open

Deleting the lock file in my home directory fixed the issue

The lock file is named

"BeerSmith2-[userid]"

Where [userid] is your short username.

I am running on a Mac. And am now having this "Another Copy of BeerSmith is running..." screen popping up. I do not have another computer running the software. I have restarted the computer 3-4 times, checked partitions using disk utility. Tried locating locked files in the Application Package and the Documents folder but have found none.
Any quick help would be greatly appreciated as I am in the middle of an order and need to access my recipes to scale them up.

Thank You.

The easy fix.

Rename the Beersmith2 folder (under documents)
Restart your Mac
Try to start B2
Click Exit when it wants the access key.
Rename the old folder back to Beersmith2.
Start B2, with all our old data.

Back