Author Topic: Saved recipes revert to default carbonation and aging profiles  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Gogol

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Saved recipes revert to default carbonation and aging profiles
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:29:47 PM »
I save my draft recipes to a folder in the Scratch Pad, to avoid having these recipes clutter up the calendar (this is the only way I've found to do this - if there is another way, please let me know what it is). 

My problem is this:  When any given recipe is saved, the Aging and Carbonation profiles revert from whatever I had set up, to the default "My Aging Profile" and "My Carbonation Profile".  Nothing else seems to revert to default, or drop out completely, or whatever; only these two items.

This occurs with every save of every recipe, every time I reset those profiles.

Can this be corrected?  In the mean time, is there a short term workaround?  I would hate to have to make detailed notes in the note field just so I can recreate these profiles each and every time I reopen these recipes.

Thanks,

Gogol
(Edit: I am running build 57 on a PC)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 09:32:30 PM by Gogol »

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Saved recipes revert to default carbonation and aging profiles
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 11:23:51 PM »
Strange,
  I'm not seeing this behavior on the PC using regular recipes in the My Recipes folder.  I edited several and the changes in carbonation/age profiles all seem to stick.

I recommend moving your recipes over to the My Recipes folder or a subfolder.

You can control which recipes show on the calendar using the Options->Brewing tab - at the bottom there are options to only display certain folders (such as the brew log) which may help the calendar issue you were having.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline abstract

• BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 09:39:41 AM »
This is also happening to me.  I changed my aging times for the 3 stage lager profile.  When I exit the recipe and re-enter the aging profile it defaults to the standard 3 stage lager times......  Any thoughts.....?  This is happening across the board in all recipes no matter location or source.

Offline Gogol

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:36:32 PM »
OK, moved the Scratch Pad items over to the My Recipes folder and put them in a subfolder.  If it continues, I'll let you know.

Gogol

modification