• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

build 2.0.54 bug ..mash profile, water calculation

sma

Apprentice
Reaction score
have two recipes loaded (created).. Initially the program reports I need 15.37 quarts of water for my grain bill.  If I look at another recipe then go back to my recipe the amount of water needed increased by 0.01 quart.  The doesn't stop.  I guess if I did this for a few hours I would need 100 gallons for my grain bill.  What's going on with this?  This doesn't happen with the example recipes.

it looks like the water/grain ratio is the culprit... this changes by .01 every time you go to another recipe and come back.. the problem is it saves this new value so it alters your recipes... truly a bad bug?

I'm using build 54 and I cannot recreate this.  I go back and forth between the mash tabs of two different recipes and the mash water stays the same.

Mark

started over...uninstalled...reinstalled... deleted my recipes...created new from scratch and now things to be ok.

Good program but....  next time you do a a major update and need alpha/beta input "tap" me on the shoulder and I'd be glad to help out... been an EDA tool user for 30+ years.

Back