• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith 2 Build 57 (Release) Important Scale Recipe Fix

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I've assembled BeerSmith 2 build 57which corrects one critical recipe scaling bug.

If you find problems please report them to this thread which I will be tracking.

NOTE: This version has now been posted as the official release here:
  http://www.beersmith.com/download-beersmith/

Changes:
* Corrects critical scaling bug that did not carry over batch size to scaling dialog when using "Scale Recipe" and choosing new equipment
* Corrects Mac 64 bit bug where some Help Menu items (from shortcut view) did not work correctly
* Adds progress animation when adding/downloading new add-ons
* First Linux (beta) Ubuntu release incorporated and released privately to beta testers

Cheers,
Brad

Hello Brad,

Tested this 2.0.56 Beta.
- I was asked for my activation key again. BS2 is installed in Programs directory, documents in another local partition.
- When I clicked on hide/display menu (main program menu), BS2 crashed. Retried, crashed again. :(
- Idem when clicking on small/large ruban
- Is there enough slots for some extra linux betatesters ?

Thanks,
- I've just corrected the errors you mentioned and posted as build 57
- I'll add you to the Linux beta list
- I'm still struggling with why the program would ask for an activation key again - unless it is related to the data being on a separate partition.  I've still been unable to duplicate this myself.  Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Brad

Hey Brad

If there are more spaces for linux beta testers then I'd be keen to help.

Cheers

Welly

Welly,
  I've added you to the list for the next Linux release.

Brad

Thanks, Brad, but this version still has the 64 bit "Drag and Drop" issue with moving recipes between folders.  I safely rolled back to 32 bit, again, but am hoping to see this corrected in your next release.  Thanks for the ongoing support, and Happy New Year!

Thanks,
  I have not resolved the drag/drop issue yet for the 64 bit Mac or Linux versions, but I will continue to work on it.

Brad

Back