• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

2.0.57 crash

Myk

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Laptop goes to sleep (lid closed) BeerSmith crashes and reverts to a much older time.

Laptop goes to sleep (on its own) BeerSmith gives the same error but doesn't revert.
Although possibly rebooting is what stopped it from reverting. I just tried it with the lid closed after rebooting and it gave the error and didn't revert.

"(error 53: the network path was not found.)"

It's a network drive. Both Windows 7.
It didn't do this before updating today.

Hi,
  I'm not absolutely sure but given the fact you are running off a network drive it is possible that the "autosave" is having trouble as it is on a timer.  It may be running when you open up the computer and trying to save your data before your network drive is connected/ready. 

BeerSmith will revert to its internal backups if it can't open the most recent data files successfully.

I'm going to add some additional options to the next version to allow you to modify the autosave behavior.  The newer versions do autosave more frequently.

Brad

It does take a split second to connect, long enough that I usually get a router management warning when it wakes up and then it's connected.

I'm new to laptops and networking and never liked sleep on desktops so didn't know when but figured it was trying to connect at some point when sleep was disconnecting things.

If autosave is what causes it to hang sometimes (both computers) I'd love to be able to shut it off or at least tone it way down.

Back