• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewsheet with clock times?

A

Argyll

Could a field be added to the recipe screen for "Boil start time" so that when the brewsheet is printed, all the hop/fining/adjunct additions have the exact time next to them?

9:35  Start to Boil
9:50  Add 4 oz. Perle
10:30  Add 1 oz. Willamette
10:45  Add 1.00 item Whirlfloc

etc etc  

If the field were left blank, the output would default to what it is now.

Kind of elementary stuff but it would be one less thing I have to figure out and write down. Also, not too useful for recipes with only one or two hop additions, but for the mega-IPA's with half a dozen or more it would help.

most people use a count down timer and those values are on the brew sheet.

take a closer look at the times and you will see that everything makes sense.

Argyll,
  I guess the only problem is that times do sometimes vary.  For example I don't always get to start the mash on time depending on how much time heating the water and cleaning takes.

However, this would be a relatively easy feature to add.

Another suggestion I received some time ago was to add a timer with a little alarm in the program that would tell you when to add various ingredients during the brew.

Cheers!
Brad

I see your point. How about this? A configuration setting to change the times on the brewsheet to individual timer settings, i.e.

Start of boil
Set timer for 15 min.
Add 4 oz. Perle hops
Set timer for 40 minutes
Add 2 oz. Willamette hops

Sounds reasonable...
 I'm trying to "template" the brewsheet for the next version so it is more flexible.  Hopefully this will help.

The timer idea is not bad - I will take a look at how hard it is to add such a feature.

Cheers!
Brad

Back