• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

After upgrade to 057, Calendar can not find "Brew Log" data

Pirate Point Brewer

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
Hello Brad,

After upgrading to 057, the calendar is now blank. The calendar is set to view "Brew Log" only. My current season's recipes are in Brew Log and can be opened etc.
In "Options", If I select "All Folders", all of the data in all of my directories appear in the Calendar, however if Brew Log or Main Recipe Folder is selected, the calendar remains blank.

When I first upgraded from 1.4, I set the Documents Directory to point to "My Documents". Using Windows Explorer, I can see that all of the documents are there in a BeerSmith2 folder that was created at installation. I have made many changes in Equipment, Mash, Fermentation, and Carbonation profiles along with changes and additions to all ingredients. All of these changes are as they were made, only the Calendar has been affected.

I have been using ver 2 since its first offering, and have upgraded as each new version became available without this problem. I running Windows 7.
I tried downloading and installing 057 again but this did not help. Please let me know what I may have done wrong.

Thanks Brad

Brad,

In an attempt to get back on track, I protected the documents directory (Unnecessary??), removed the program, and reinstalled 057.
I did not loose ant data, but it did not resolve the Calendar problem.

Preston

Hello Again Brad,

I was incorret in the last post. I did not initially notice that the default Options setting for the Calendar at installation was "Main Recipe Folder Only". Once this was changed to "Brew Log Only" all is correct. Sorry I missed this. I'm posting this result in case someone else has this issue. Please let me know if you have a more simple solution in the event it occurs again with a future upgrade.

Thanks,
Preston

Thanks Preston,
  Glad you are back up and running!

Brad

Back