• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Calandar issues and how to?

Zoob

Apprentice
Reaction score
Ok here is what I would like to do.
Everytime I build a recipe just to have it and not brew it that day the date automatically get entered in the calendar along with the fermentation schedule and such.

How can I design a recipe and not have it go to the calendar until I choose to brew it?

Help, thanks
CZ

The easiest thing to do, when you are building a recipe to just keep and you are not brewing it that day, do not enter anything in the brewer box on the design tab.  Then, go into the options and tell it to hide all items where you are not the brewer.  This will keep any of these recipes from showing up on your calendar.

Cheers

So where do you change the settings you the brew log perhaps I am just not seeing it....

Martyd16 said:
So where do you change the settings you the brew log perhaps I am just not seeing it....

This is also in the Options.  When you click on Options, the first thing in the list is Brewing.  On this screen, about 3/4 down, you will see Calendar Options.  The first thing under here is Folders to Display drop down; this is where you set it to All Folders, Brew Log Only or Main Recipe Folder Only.  This is what Rusty is referring to.

I still think that it is easier to create a folder to keep your master recipe list in and be sure that all the recipes in here have the Brewer box left blank.  Then in the same place in Options, tell it to hide recipes where you are not the brewer.  This will keep any of these from showing on the calendar.  I prefer this way because I can make copies of the recipe and place them into another folder to organize when I have brewed what, and then make any tweaks to the recipe in this copy (since a lot of the time there are small tweaks that happen every time you brew).

Back