• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

adding recipe

lowell

Apprentice
Reaction score
I recently updated my equipment profile. I brew all grain and designated such. When entering grain for a new recipe, the box for extract
comes up.

The default is set as all grain. I have used beersmith for many years, always all grain. Last month I taught a friend how to brew and entered his extract recipe and now it will only open the the extract box when I add grain to a recipe.

Here’s what happens, when I am creating a new recipe, I click on add grains from the list to the right of the design box and a window with all the grains and a box appears with a place to  enter the number of lbs and another for minutes for late extract boil time. My equipment profile is configured for all grain.

Try entering the pounds and ignoring the late extract field completly. I know, it says "0" minutes, but ignore it and let's see what happens.
Ed

Back