• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

priming bottles

P

paco

hello again,

i just have one more quick question.  what should i put in the bottles prior to bottling (for priming the bottles).  Should i use normal white sugar, or are there any other options.  And how much should be used per bottle?

thanks again
andy

andy,
 I recommend siphoning your beer off to a container temporarily and then adding the sugar so you can get an even mix before bottling.

I generally recommend "corn sugar" for priming.  It is available at your local brew store.  BeerSmith can help calculate how much sugar you need (by weight) for a given desired level of carbonation.

Cheers!
Brad

Is there a plan to add other priming options to beersmith? I only see corn sugar, dme, forced carbonation or corn sugar in a keg. (of course I could be missing something).
Thanks,
Jase
I have had BeerSmith for a while now but am getting serious about brewing finally and have started using it for more and more as I discover how much record keeping and planning it can help me do.

What other options would you like to see - some have mentioned honey, but what else do you use for priming?

Thanks,
Brad

Brad,
I think I would suggest honey, molasses, maple syrup, brown sugar and maybe even table sugar, although there might be more suggestions from others.
Thanks,
Jase

Back