• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Feature request: Make importing easier.

m750

Brewer
Reaction score
These are the steps as I understand them to import recipes into 'my recipes' which is cumbersome.

file -> open
select the file

Then If I want them to persist, I need to copy and paste them into my recipe section. (I can't seem to drag and drop them into there)

Importing should be one step, maybe 2, where you select the file, and target folder.

Thanks
AO

<moved from the bug forum>

I have to say, I second this request. Maybe I'm missing something, but importing recipes is a real PITA.

In fact, there's a lot of UI things that bother me about the Mac version. As much as I find BeerSmith2 very useful, it's clearly a PC program that has been ported over to the Mac platform without much thought to how Mac apps usually work. I hope some of these issues will be addressed in BeerSmith3.

I agree with the other two postings.  I'm a Mac and having difficulties importing recipes off the website.  VERY frustrating for a newbie to have to deal with.

Back