• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

can't change my equip profile !! help!!

aschecte

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am running the newest version of beersmith 2 which I have had for a couple of months now. since getting the program I have upgraded my equiptment to a larger kettle and i tried to update this for my boil off in my equipment profile. I can change it within the profile itself and it does save it but when I go to add a new recipe it still uses the old profile unless I manually go in and change it to reflect the new volume of boil off etc. to effect my pre boil volume. How do I fix this ? really really annoying.

Hi,
Each recipe has a complete copy of the equipment profile in it - so if you update your "Master" profile in the equipment view it will not automatically update all of your recipes.

You need go to into each one you want changed and select the equipment profile again from the list of choices there.

The reason for this is pretty simple - each recipe has a complete copy of everything "as brewed" which would cause a lot of confusion if the old recipes were updated continuously as equipment and ingredients changed.  Also each recipe has a complete copy of everything to allow sharing of recipes.

Brad

Wow from the man himself !!!! Thanks for the reply and very awesome software ( I kinda live on it ). It's not so much the old recipes which I understand will not update as I change my master profile it's new recipes. For example if I click on the Add recipe button it will start a new recipe but the old equiptment profile still shows up even though it doesnt exist (it must) anymore. I do go back to make sure the master profile is changed and it is but its not telling the recipe design to change to the new profile I have restated my computer etc to see if this would help but it doesn't. Thanks for any input.

- Aaron

It sounds like the new equipment profile is not saved as part of the default recipe. Open a new recipe, change to your new equipment, then click 'Set as Default' on the top of the screen. Now all future new recipes should have that equipment profile.
Ed

That was the problem  :eek: I never thought to do that I assumed that just changing the profile would update the equipment design. Thanks for all the help !!!

-Aaron

Back