• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What are you brewing next?

My Alt is finishing up in the primary now, so I thought I'd make a Steam Beer next, racking directly onto the Wyeast 1007 yeast cake.

I realize the 1007 isn't the standard yeast for a Steam, but it ferments down to 55F well so it seems like a reasonable experiment.  :)

My next brew will be the same as my previous (which was also my first) brew: a Northern England Brown Ale.

I was a bit slow in getting an order in and I've run out of my first brew.  Since I liked it, I plan to make it again but follow up a bit quicker with a third brew.  This time, however, I'm making a three gallon batch instead of a five gallon batch.  Beer lasts awhile at my place and I want to do more experiments with different styles so plan to brew smaller batches.

This brew will be:

3.00 lb Light Dry Extract
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L
0.13 lb Chocolate Malt
0.10 oz Galena [13.0%] (60 min) Hops
0.30 oz Williamette [5.5%] (30 min) Hops
0.30 oz Williamette [5.5%] (15 min) Hops
1 Pkgs British Ale (White Labs #WLP005) Yeast-Ale

Ricky

Two brown ales - always an excellent choice!

I'm cooking up a Irish Stout this weekend time permitting - always a classic with the guests.

Cheers!
Brad

I've just been given the ok to brew this weekend!  (Wife's pregnant w/morning sickness that lasts all day, last time I brewed I wasn't the exactly a well liked person)
SO what to brew?  mmmm kolsch, pils, steam?...
Might try a pils
t

Back