• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer has stopped fermenting - Maybe due to the cold

MRMARTINSALES

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,

Have a little problem - my beer has stopped fermenting, I need to achieve a SG OF 1.015 from an OG of 1.041

First few days went great bubbling and foaming top etc. however i thnk the cold got to it as when i went in on the thrid day the temp was about 10degrees celcius. now it has stopped fementing and has wont start back up again. I have warmed the wort to about 18DEGREES C and have swirled it to get back into suspension. anyone have any ideas what to do or whether its ruined?

Thanks

all grain brew by the way

Airlock activity is not a sign of Fermentation. I think you'll be OK if you had 2-3 days of active fermentation. I try to keep mine between 18 and 20C.
Take a reading after 7 days and see where you gravity is at if you get the same reading 3 days in a row, your beer is pretty much done.

its not a glass carboy its a tun im fermenting in. i understand what yuour saying however the gravity is still too high at the minute. so it cnt have stopped its currently at 1.025

Back