• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can BeerSmith start a grain buy or trade program between other brewers ?

beercheer4me

Master Brewer
Reaction score
The reason I think is simple , homebrews buying grain off shop is getting a little out of hand , IMO
I realize they two need to make a living , don't get me wrong,
I would like to be long to a site that each member would buy a sack and bag it up and either trade or sell to other members , if they default in bad faith  have there account deleted or be put on hold till issue got solve by parties involved ,
I have 125 pd of 2 row, 100 PDF of wheat, 25 pd of chocolate, 25 carapils , and 25 pd of crystal 60 , the chocolate is going to take for ever to use and the wheat is another story,
I am going to try my take at the wheat beers for sure ,
Looking for a good wheat beer receipts  if anyone as a damn good one,
Is their a web sit of this kind , I am up for doing some trading  for other grains, and I have a bunch of palisades hops I got all this from a micro- brewery , for all bad news, went out of business,
After doing some research on what it cost them to by grains they buy pennies on the pound for 2 row and adjunct grain is slightly higher
To give you one example my LHS is selling adjunct grains for 3 bucks a pound and two row for 160 a pound , I can buy at Adventures or Austin's and have it shipped , maybe I am raving and ranting over nothing just seems that it is getting a little crazy ,
I know the LHS is their when I get in a pitch , but they don't carry liquid yeast only dry, their pricing is just at the mark where they know what things cost only and charge a little more , carboys is another example with shipping,
Just my thought
Thanks

That sounds like a ton of work!!

I too am all for co-op/group purchases.  I think your best bet is to join a local homebrew club and focus the efforts there.  A webpage/forum would be very difficult to find people in reasonable areas to each other.  Not to mention you have no idea how anyone else stores their stuff.  And I think that shipping would be a total killer on some items.

Just my two cents.......Cheers!

beercheer4me said:
The reason I think is simple , homebrews buying grain off shop is getting a little out of hand , IMO
I realize they two need to make a living , don't get me wrong,
I would like to be long to a site that each member would buy a sack and bag it up and either trade or sell to other members , if they default in bad faith  have there account deleted or be put on hold till issue got solve by parties involved ,
I have 125 pd of 2 row, 100 PDF of wheat, 25 pd of chocolate, 25 carapils , and 25 pd of crystal 60 , the chocolate is going to take for ever to use and the wheat is another story,
I am going to try my take at the wheat beers for sure ,
Looking for a good wheat beer receipts  if anyone as a damn good one,
Is their a web sit of this kind , I am up for doing some trading  for other grains, and I have a bunch of palisades hops I got all this from a micro- brewery , for all bad news, went out of business,
After doing some research on what it cost them to by grains they buy pennies on the pound for 2 row and adjunct grain is slightly higher
To give you one example my LHS is selling adjunct grains for 3 bucks a pound and two row for 160 a pound , I can buy at Adventures or Austin's and have it shipped , maybe I am raving and ranting over nothing just seems that it is getting a little crazy ,
I know the LHS is their when I get in a pitch , but they don't carry liquid yeast only dry, their pricing is just at the mark where they know what things cost only and charge a little more , carboys is another example with shipping,
Just my thought
Thanks

where are you from?

Back