• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Finishing refermentation in bottle????

kyleatcali

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey Guys! So I am writing a recipe on beer smith for a farmhouse blonde. Im trying to mimic Hof Ten Dormaal Farm House blonde description; Color: hazy gold, massive, pillowy white head with long-lasting retention
Tasting Notes: yeasty, farmhouse, hugely-effervescent, full-bodied, yeasty, fruity, faintly sweet, balanced hop-bitterness, classic Belgian farmhouse ale 8 %.

I want to "bottle" in champagne bottles but was looking for tips on the process of doing this.... and how to set up beer smith to show what im going to do.

to ask a few more questions what amount of corn sugar would i use to get that kind of pressure/carbonation. Would i bottle before the beer done fermenting?

first draft recipe

Ingredients:
------------
Amt                  Name                                    Type          #        %/IBU       
3 lbs                Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)            Grain        1        25.0 %       
2 lbs 8.0 oz          Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM)                    Grain        2        20.8 %       
2 lbs 4.0 oz          Munich Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM)            Grain        3        18.8 %       
4 lbs 4.0 oz          Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM)        Dry Extract  4        35.4 %       
1.00 oz              Willamette [5.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min      Hop          5        9.2 IBUs     
1.00 oz              Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 30.0 min    Hop          6        12.8 IBUs   
1.00 tsp              Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 mins)              Fining        7        -           
1.00 oz              Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 10.0 min        Hop          8        7.9 IBUs     
1.00 oz              Coriander Seed (Boil 5.0 mins)          Spice        9        -           
1.00 oz              Orange Peel, Bitter (Boil 5.0 mins)      Spice        10      -           
1.0 pkg              Belgian Golden Ale (White Labs #WLP570)  Yeast        11      -           
1.00 tsp              Amylase Enzyme (Primary 3.0 days)        Other        12      -           
1.00 tsp              Gelatin (Secondary 5.0 hours)            Fining        13      -           

7.49 oz Corn Sugar for bottle conditioning in champagne bottles

I got a real easy formula for sugar priming. Use two real big tablespoons (eatin spoons not measurin spoons) of corn sugar for every gallon of beer. I have measured thiss out and found that it comes up to the amounts that are recommended in the books. The reason I go this way is because I come up with a little bit off of an even number of gallons when I bottle so I don't have to do any math. Just go with two heapin tablespoons per gallon gently mix and bottle like usual.

Back