• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

MAC: BeerSmith 2 No Longer Opens, Multiple Errors

Aggiemaster

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I did some searching and did not see a similar issue for the mac.  I've only been using Beersmith for a few short months, purchased in November.  Today when I opened it I was greeting with a screen asking to select a directory for recipes and ingredients.  I have attached screenshots of each error:

1.  Opening window
2.  First error: Cant create BeerSmith2 directory in documents folder
3.  Beersmith welcome screen, appears to be unregistered now.  Also Beersmith error 13: Permission denied
4.  Assertion failed
5.  wxWidgets Debug Alert
6.  Mac error output attached in text file

Any help on how to recover recipes I created and brewed with be very helpful.  I could reinstall, but don't want to overwrite my application folder in case that's where the recipes are saved.

Thanks in advance for any help
Johnny

Attachments

• BeerSmith2ScreenSnapz001.png
    BeerSmith2ScreenSnapz001.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 411
  • BeerSmith2ScreenSnapz002.png
    BeerSmith2ScreenSnapz002.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 422
  • BeerSmith2ScreenSnapz003.png
    BeerSmith2ScreenSnapz003.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 423
  • BeerSmith2ScreenSnapz004.png
    BeerSmith2ScreenSnapz004.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 432
  • BeerSmith2ScreenSnapz005.png
    BeerSmith2ScreenSnapz005.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 431
  • BeerSmithCrashError.txt
    45.8 KB · Views: 306
Forgot to mention system specs:

MacbookPro 17"
2.66ghz i7
8 gb ram
Mac OS X 10.7.2

Solved the issue.  It was an issue with a online backup program I was using called Bitcasa.  The program backs up the Documents folder where all the Beersmith2 files are stored.  Somehow Bitcasa had disconnected or something and my Documents folder appeared empty.  I guess that's what I get for participating in a beta....After quitting bitcasa, the documents folder was resurrected to its normal form.

Anyways must have been some glitch with that program, and its resolved.

Thanks - I'm glad to hear you are up and running again!

Brad

Back