• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Newbie recipe help

aware

Apprentice
Reaction score
Brewing first solo batch and entering ingredients into BeerSmith 2. One ingredient is 6 lbs of malted barley. I don't see the ingredient to enter in the software. Any suggestions? The honey brown ale recipe is from Northern Brewer. The ingredient is gold malt extract syrup - 100% malted barley.

Any suggestions? Thank you for any help. Brewing today and looking forward to it.

NB Gold is their version of a light extract. Malted barley is what you would normally want a base extract to be made out of, as opposed to containing adjuncts.
I believe that I used a Briess LME to create an ingredient item for NB Gold.
I have used the NB kits before with good results. Enjoy.

Prost
Ed

Attachments

• NB Gold.bsmx
    1.8 KB · Views: 0
are you doing all grain?  If so, american 2-row will be fine.  If you want to create any new materials(grain hops, etc.) you can add them to the ingredients list.  For me, i use breiss when using extract.  So, i went to thier site on the internet and copied the stats to my ingredients list.  I think most of thier DME is 1.045 ppg

Back