• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

mouse hover balloons laggy, hit-or-miss - BS2 v2.0.58 OS X

caffecaldo

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've noticed while browsing the recipe or equipment profile lists, that when I do a mouse hover over a line item (eg, a recipe) that I can get an informative popup balloon which provides more info about the item in question.

However, the balloon doesn't seem to immediately disappear when I move to another row, although it does seem to eventually disappear after about 10 seconds after moving to another row. Once the balloon is gone, there doesn't seem to be any way to get the balloon to pop up again for any row, _unless_ I move the mouse out of the listing pane, eg, into any other pane, or up to the various buttons/tabs, and then back into the pane in question.

On the plus side, if I move the mouse around the choices in the lower-left pane (View / Profiles / Ingredients / Tools / Unit Tools / Help), I get a much more pleasant experience. The popup timeout is still about 10 seconds, but if I move the mouse to one of the other choices, the popup changes immediately as appropriate.

I'm attaching a screenshot which illustrates what happens when I enter the ingredient listing pane (from somewhere outside of this pane), pause over the Maris Otter row long enough to get the balloon, then move down to the LME Golden Light row and wait.

Attachments

• BS2balloon.gif
    BS2balloon.gif
    78.8 KB · Views: 375
Back