• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

keep getting an error when trying to print brew steps

beercheer4me

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Error 30
An Error has occurred in this dialog
Any ideas
rebooted printed and computer , only does it in BS2
thanks

brew back to back 10 gallons brew tomorrow really would like to get this fixed
thanks
any ideas at all
should i uninstall BS2 and re install

I get an error when I try to print the brewsteps without previewing them first.  But, if I preview them first...then, it always prints fine.  YMMV.  I don't get your error message, though.

Can you tell me which version you are using on which operating system and which printer?

I ask because we had a specific issue with the 32 bit Mac version printing to Epson printers.

Also you can use the "Save Report" button on the preview panel title bar (just above the report preview pane if you have it enabled) to save the report to HTML and print it separately as a short term workaround.

Thanks,
Brad

Windows xp pack 3 ,printer is hp officejet 6500a all.in.one , only does this in BS2 all other printing works options work fine just when clinking on brewsteps it comes up like it should , click print then the error pops up
All it says is (error 30)
    (In this dialog Box )
That's all it says.
can't cut in paste it won't let me or I would cut and paste it ,
Thanks
I have rebooted both computer and printer several times and no luck , I uninstalled beersmith and reinstalled it , really thought uninstalling bs2 and reinstalling would on works but did not.
I run anti software malware and NOD32 but really don't think it has anything to do with the error problem because it been installed for 8 months or better ,
Thanks

Still  working on this error 30
I went to ADD and remove programs ,removed BS2 , re-installed, still no luck
going to try a Google search, maybe i can get lucking
thanks

The Error has been FIXED  , appearly it does not like Google Crome, I installed IE 8 and deleted the crome reinstalled BS2 ,, works fine none, I went to Google Crome awhile back and that was the problem.
Thanks for the Help and hope this helps someone in the future.

Back