• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Error in BeerSmith Version 2.057

cacattack

Apprentice
Reaction score
Brad I'm receiving the following error when trying to open BeerSmith, see attachment.

I created a new recipe the other day and everything was working correctly, when I went to open the program today I now receive the error. Based on the error I assumed I had an invalid date somewhere, but I have checked all my dates and the all seem to be correct. Is there a log file I can check to see if there is a more detailed message about the error.

Error: c:\users\brad\documents\src\wx\include\wx/datetime.h(1790): assert"tm.IsValid()" failed in wxDateTime::Set(): invalid broken down date/time

Update- Message from Windows Log
Faulting application name: BeerSmith2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ef0cab9
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e211319
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0001280c
Faulting process id: 0x219c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccf6e155fa1ddc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith2\BeerSmith2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 9dced15c-62d4-11e1-9b1b-70f1a199e533

Thanks in advance
Chad

Attachments

• DateTimeError.png
    DateTimeError.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 397
I'm getting the same error.
Assume that Beersmith doesn't know about leap year?

HAHA - didn't even think about that, I would bet money that is the issue.

Hi,
  Its a leap year bug - the program does know about leap year but there is a pretty subtle problem where one date gets set wrong on this particular day.

I'm working on a long term solution as well as taking a close look at whether this will cause any problems tomorrow.

Brad

Hi,
  Hit the cancel button when the error comes up and it will fix itself tomorrow.

See this thread...
  http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,6688.0.html

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Brad

Back