• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Update causes beersmith to crash

T

Tartan_Brewman

I have just installed Beersmith on my new computer and input my reg code. I went to update to check i was running latest version but the program just hangs.

I am at work on our network (shh dont tell my boss) and i suspect that the problem is the firewall settings here.

Is there another way that i can update my system that beats the firewall or how can i alter the settings that Beersmith uses to access the internet????

Hope you can help me? :-/

Tartan,
 Most of the updates are available for direct download the "Add-ons" page at:
 http://www.beersmith.com/data_updates.htm

Follow the instructions at the bottom of the page to insert these entries into your database.

The only one I have not added there is a simple one character change that updates the style database so that Belgian Dubbel shows up as category 18B and Belgian Tripel shows up as 18C.  The old database had both categories with the same letter (a typo).

Cheers!
Brad

Thanks Brad great site and great software!

I hope it lets me brew great beer better

Back