• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Speidels Braumeister 50L Settings

Beerman

New Forum Member
Reaction score
There have been a few posts for Beersmith settings to suit the Braumeister, with none so far (that I can find), to suit the 50L version.

I have started this thread here in the hope that we can get some submissions, and hopeufully flesh something out. With thousands of the 50L versions in use around the world, and with these all being identical, it would have to be possible to get something underway.

So, heres hoping.........

(Have found settings file for 20L here http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,4186.msg23539.html#msg23539)

Recently (last friday) I purchased a Braumeister 50L.  :D
So far I've had one brewing session (Imperial IPA); looking forward to the result...  :eek:

There must be a lot of BeerSmithBrewers with experience and data on suitable settings for the 50L..? ???

Please share? ;)

Morning all!

I am a new BM50 owner and I am also looking for cheats, profiles, recipes and tips!

Any of the above greatly appreciated!!

For my sins, I am going large and doing a double-brew (100L) for my first brewday next weekend. :-\

1. 50L Pale Ale (the shops recipe)
2. 50L Maris Otter based IPA (my recipe)

I have 2x60L ferm bins and a temp controlled wine cooler for fermenting in.

I am then going to split each brew into a 22 Litre Rotokeg and as many 5L party kegs as I can for secondary ferm and conditioning.

Tallyho!

Hi All,

Bumping this thread.

I've tried various settings but am not happy with what I've got punched in.

The mash part of things seems to go fine (approx 76% mash efficiency) but post boil, my total brew house efficiency ends up around the 63% mark.

I'm thinking it is something to do with Beersmith being too generous (or one of my settings) with the estimated gravity post boil as I never seem to get there but my volumes are generally close to what it says.

As an example, with my latest brew, BS estimated pre-boil gravity as 1.040 and I got 1.042. The estimated post-boil gravity was 1.049 and I ended up with 1.045 but my volumes were within 1 litre of expected output.

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong?

Cheers,
cliffo

There are several variables that can add up to this issue. If you're 1 liter higher than the batch calls for, that could easily be the difference in gravity.

This could mean that you're not boiling as long as the recipe calls for. Or this could be because the evaporation rate calculating more than you actually experience. These seem like two very likely areas to look into for the difference.

Hi all,

Merry Christmas from the Netherlands. A good day to do some reflections.
I purchased a 50l one month ago and did two brews. Chimay Blue and a Rochefort. The Braumeister uses a lot of water to start with to get your mash covered. So with the HG beers, I still need to find out a way of reducing the volume. (does a long boiling time effect the taste negatively?) I am thinking of reducing the volume of the outside mash pipe..

I also modified my mash tube and made openings for 20l and 30l brews that I can close with a silicone plug. I am experimenting now to get the volumes right. In this case the problem gets bigger in having relatively more 'non mash' volume outside the mash tube to fill with water.
So a lot of testing and tasting to go and some calculations to make. If anyone already did some calculations for the BeerSmith settings, I would appreciate if you would share this. In January I am planning to do some work and documenting myself.

Back