• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A BIAB Brew day with lots of pictures

tknice

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey fellow BeerSmith lovers...here are some pictures (linked below) of my 10 gallon BIAB process if you want to check it out.

I recently moved to doing 10 gallon batches and I knew it would increase the amount of beer that we have available, but didn't realize how cool it would be to experiment. An example I've done so far is dry hopping one and not the other for a comparison (and it really is pretty amazing how different the two beers are).

I'm brewing our black ipa recipe next and half of the batch will go on tap and the other to a 6 month secondary with vanilla beans and bourbon. I've also though about brewing a lager and fermenting one at 45-50F degrees and the other at 66F. How different will they taste? Anyway.. good times.

http://www.brewgeeks.com/a-biab-brewday-tknice.html

Cheers!

-TK

Thanks for the informative post. Great write-up and photos!

Nice that biab looks like a breeze to clean up what a mess I have on my hands with my rims setup

Great pictures and writeup. One question where did you get your bag. It looks like a good one.

Thanks guys, I bought the bag online from Jeff over at http://www.brewinabag.weebly.com.

Definitely recommend them!

Thanks happy, have you used a bag before?

naw I married one though. lol Really though, I dont get time to go all grain but i like to brew so i usually go dme with steeping grains. Sometimes I do a mini mash when i get extra time. I am goin all grain shortly just need a few more things. you know what i mean.

Slurk said:
Great pictures and lots of information.
I am very inspired, thanks!
Regards,
Slurk
Awesome, glad you liked it Slurk!

On a side note, I'm really trying to gather lots of DIY projects to get a place where people can see as many as possible in one place.  The problem is I really want to get permission for everything I post.

If anyone has any good DIY projects they have done where you have written up something with pictures, I'd love to add it to the site.  PM me or contact me on brewgeeks.com... I'd love to see it!

-TK

The pics and writeup were awesome!!!  I've been brewing extract-only for 17 years and am just now sticking my toe into BIAB all-grain.  I've watched several videos, but this session really rounded them out.  Thanx for the help!

Once all the equipment I have ordered from all over creation shows up in a week or so I'll be ready to give it a whirl!  ;D

ibrewalot said:
The pics and writeup were awesome!!!  I've been brewing extract-only for 17 years and am just now sticking my toe into BIAB all-grain.  I've watched several videos, but this session really rounded them out.  Thanx for the help!

Once all the equipment I have ordered from all over creation shows up in a week or so I'll be ready to give it a whirl!  ;D
very cool ibrewalot!  Replies like yours make me so happy I decided to start writing up what I've learned.

Please let us know how your first BIAB turns out!  ;D

-TK

maddspoiler said:
What size bag are you using for a 10 gallon batch?

Hey Maddspoiler... sorry for the delayed response.  My bags measure 24.5"H x 28.5"W.

thanks Marcus..  Just read through my post again after quite some time and nothing has really changed with the process.

Getting low on beer though--need to go on brewing binge and get some of these kegs filled!

Nice set up. I like the hop bag, creative but simple. I do 10 gallon batches quite a bit and split into 2-5 gallon fermenters pitching different yeast. It's amazing how different they are.

Thanks for sharing.

MCB 

Back