• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Error when Printing

markclewis1

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Running Beersmith 2 linux version on Ubuntu. When I go to print the brew steps for my recipe, I get this error message:

ASSERT INFO:
../src/gtk/print.cpp(923): assert "Assert failure" failed in Print(): The print dialog returned an error.

BACKTRACE:
[1] wxOnAssert(char const*, int, char const*, char const*, wxString const&)
[2] wxGtkPrinter::print(wxWindow*, wxPrintout*, bool)
[3] wxPrinter::print(wxWindow*, wxPrintout*, bool)
[4] wxGtkPrintPreview::print(bool)
[5] wxPrintPreview::print(bool)
[6] wxPreviewControlBar::OnPrint()
[7] wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent(wxEvtHandler*, void (wxEvtHandler::*)(wxEvent&), wxEvent&) cons)
[8] wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler(wxEvtHandler*, wxEventFunctor&, wxEvent&) cons)
[9] wxEvtHandler::processEventIfMatchesId(wxEventTableEntryBase const&, wxEvtHandler*, wxEvent&)
[10] wxEventHashTable::HandleEvent(wxEvent&, wxEvtHandler*)
[11] wxEvtHandler::TryHereOnly(wxEvent&)
[12] wxEvtHandler::processEventLocally(wxEvent&)
[13] wxEvtHandler::processEvent(wxEvent&)
[14] wxWindowBase::TryAfter(wxEvent&)
[15] wxEvtHandler::processEvent(wxEvent&)
[16] wxEvtHandler::SafelyProcessEvent(wxEvent&)
[17] wxWindowBase::HandleWindowEvent(wxEvent&) cons)
[18] g_cclosure_marshal_VOID__VOID()
[19] g_closure_invoke()
[20] g_signal_emit_valist()
[21] g_signal_emit()
[22] gtk_button_clicked()
[23] g_cclosure_marshal_VOID__VOID()
[24] g_closure_invoke()
[25] g_signal_emit_valist()
[26] g_signal_emit()
[27] gtk_button_released()
[28] g_closure_invoke()
[29] g_signal_emit_valist()
[30] g_signal_emit()
[31] gtk_propagate_event()
[32] gtk_main_do_event()
[33] g_main_context_dispatch()
[34] g_main_loop_run()
[35] gtk_main()
[36] wxGUIEventLoop::Run()
[37] wxAppConsoleBase::MainLoop()
[38] wxAppConsoleBase::OnRun()

Help!

Thanks,
  I'm not sure what might be causing this.  Some people are able to print OK under Ubuntu while others have problems.  I've been unable to duplicate it on the machines I have to date.

Have you tried printing to PDF?  Another workaround is to use the "Save report" button that is on the preview pane from the main recipes view.  It will save the current report to an HTML file which you can then print from any browser.

Brad

I can confirm this is happening with me in Ubuntu 11.04 and Beersmith 2.0.65.
It only happens the second time I print and it doesn't matter whether I'm outputting to my printer or to file. If there is any other information I can provide that might help please let me know.

[edit]
Oh, and if I close and reopen Beersmith I can print once again but only the once.

[edit edit]
It doesn't seem to matter whether I've printed or not. If I go to print and bring up the print dialog and then close out of it, it'll come up with the same error the second time I attempt it. Something to do with the dialog perhaps then.

damianpeterson said:
I can confirm this is happening with me in Ubuntu 11.04 and Beersmith 2.0.65.
It only happens the second time I print and it doesn't matter whether I'm outputting to my printer or to file. If there is any other information I can provide that might help please let me know.

[edit]
Oh, and if I close and reopen Beersmith I can print once again but only the once.

[edit edit]
It doesn't seem to matter whether I've printed or not. If I go to print and bring up the print dialog and then close out of it, it'll come up with the same error the second time I attempt it. Something to do with the dialog perhaps then.

I have the same problem using Uubuntu 12.04 and BeerSmith 2.1.02 installed on a PC.

Back