• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Making Reports

Conley

Apprentice
Reaction score
Im looking around to try and figure out how to make reports, i was wanting to change the brewing process that is already in beersmith, that way when i print it i can have it built more for my needs when i write on it to record my brewing and fermentation.

I can not find a HOW TO video or thread on the steps needed to create your own report, can someone help point me in the right direction.

I think i figured out how to change a txt report, but where do i go to edit an HTML report? there a software i need?

I think the Mac version is quite stable but, of course, there can always be issues.  It seems maybe there are some issues with Reports.  Here is what I found and what I am missing.  Maybe someone can fill us in...

If you go to Options there is a Reports icon on the left at the bottom.  This will bring up a dialog where you can add new reports.  The Help is implemented, but this is where the trouble begins.

Help (file:///Applications/BeerSmith2.app/Contents/Resources/index.html?custom_reports.htm) indicates that temples can be found on the Mac within the Application under Contents/Reports.  My install does not have a Reports directory.  Not trusting Finder completely not to hide something from me I dropped to the shell:

schoodic:Contents brett$ ls -al
total 16
drwxr-xr-x    6 brett  admin    204 Jan  3 12:30 ./
drwxr-xr-x    3 brett  admin    102 Jan  3 12:38 ../
-rw-r--r--    1 brett  admin  1576 Jan  3 12:30 Info.plist
drwxr-xr-x    3 brett  admin    102 Jan  3 12:36 MacOS/
-rw-r--r--    1 brett  admin      8 Jan  3 12:30 PkgInfo
drwxr-xr-x  682 brett  admin  23188 Jan  3 12:38 Resources/
schoodic:Contents brett$

The MacOS directory here contains the single executable file and Resources directory is mostly icons with some other docs in there but no report templates that I recognized.

I find that I do have the target Reports directory under Documents/BeerSmith2 but it contains generated reports and I was unable to find any templates there either.  So maybe Brad or someone else with the scoop can fill us in on where the templates live in the new Mac version.  They certainly seem to be working in so much as I can create the built in reports without a hitch.

Cheers!

Hi,
Its under the BeerSmith2 application then go to Contents/Resources -- all of the resources are here including the various templates. 

Unfortunately all of the resources are in one directory (including the help files) so it is a bit of a mess to navigate.  The text file templates are easy to pick out (notably BrewProcess.txt and r4ecipetxt.txt).  The HTML ones (most important) are: Recipe.htm and BrewSheet.htm

Cheers,
Brad

;D  Thanks Brad!  I found them and will spin up my text editor here shortly.

Does anyone have a repository of these - a place to get and share reports?

Cheers  c)_(

Back