• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Building Keggle

GoodisBeer

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I want to place as weldless thermometer on my keggle above the ball valve. Is there a science or specific measurement where it should be placed? Or should I just pick a spot where most of the grain will sit during the mash? Thanks.

So this'll be your mash tun not boil kettle?  I would think you'd want the closest to average temperature, so I think you'd want it near the center of where your mash would be.  So you need to figure out if your doing 5 or 10 gallon batches and how much volume you'll be making and go for the center of that.

Me - I'd go for practicality and live with any slight inaccuracy.  Keep the probe of the thermometer out of the way of my stirring or my immersion chiller, or anything else that I might stick in there and possibly break it with.

I put mine slightly above the drain and off center after studying the sabco website, works for me

You running a false bottom? If so you need a pump you cant stir under the bottom. All your beer will look like guinness but it wont taste like it.

piper55 said:
You running a false bottom? If so you need a pump you cant stir under the bottom. All your beer will look like guinness but it wont taste like it.

Piper, your schlurring your words, LOL  type slowly, ..or could be I need a new battery in my hearing aid

Back