• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

PDA Version & File Suggestion

mbg

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I really enjoy this software! Don't know how I could perfect my recipes w/o it.

1) Are there any plans to make a version for a Windows based PDA?

2) Could the software be modified so that once the title of a recipe (or ingrediants) is changed that it automatically creates a new file instead of overwriting the original file like it does today? (I was tweeking a recipe so I opened the file - changed the title and did my mods and saved it. I then noticed my original file was gone! I think this happened to me on one on the ingrediant files also.)

I know now to copy-paste-edit but to prevent loosing data it would be nice for the software to create a new file once the title is modified - like other Windows based software.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,
 Thanks for the kind comments.

I have no immediate plans to make a PDA version, though I have toyed frequently with making a Pocket PC version.  The real challenge is the limited screen space - especially for editing recipes.  However, I have not ruled a PDA version out either - I'm just not working on a version at the moment.

As for saving a recipe - I intend to offer a "Save As" button or something similar on the next version along with the current OK and Cancel buttons that will allow you to save the current modifications under a different name rather than overwriting the current version.

Cheers!
Brad

Back