• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

outdoor brewing... indoors...???

S

saylinaway

hey all,

how safe do you think it is to get a propane cooker (between 90000 and 170000 btu's) and boil wort/ brew indoors???

my town gets very windy which blows propane flames out fairly easily  :mad: , but i want something that is more effective at bringing 7 gallons of water to a boil more efficiently than a stove top burner...

thanks

Brian

ADD ON....

It would not be on carpet or anything  :p , i have a fairly large tiled area which is available...

2 issues
1. ventilation,  make sure you have a CO alarm
2. humidity,  a full boil WILL have your walls and ceiling dripping with condensation!  You need enough ventilation to dump this humidity outside.
3. It doubt if code will allow you to burn a propane burner inside.

Try a garage?  Open door would be plenty of ventilation

Fred

I brew in the garage and it is great.  Wind and ventilation is no problem.

I would be a little leary of moving in the house with out the proper (comercial) hood for venting.

AHHH ventilation/humidity... good points...

i do full boils now, but on my stove (which takes for ever... hence the reason for the start of this thread...) but it has a full hood vent with external chimney exhaust...

i would definatly not be able to fit the burner and my pot under it though so looks like the garage it is...

just seemed a little dirty in there... :p

thanks for the guidence

Brian

Back