• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

kegerator temp

dannoR

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have a 7 year old frigidare kegerator with 3 faucets.  It doesn't have a temp control and lately the temp has been rising.  It is still working but the temp is now above 50.    Any idea's? 

Might be a compressor problem. By the time you get someone to come out to look at it, and repair the problem, the money might be better spent on a new unit. You might even be able to salvage the tower and taps from the current unit.

bad news! this is a 5 ft high stainless fig without a freezer, built by frigidare as a kegerater that has cabinets build around to fit.  I will have to call the guy!!!.  moved the kegs to the wine cellar that is 5 deg colder

Are you sure it doesn't have some sort of temp control?  Seems to me it would have one someplace - maybe hidden around the back near the compressor?

If so and if you are lucky, may be just a defective controller which would a cheaper problem to resolve than a compressor.  If you culdn't get a new one, you could bypass it and buy an external controller to switch the fridge on/off (as I have on my kegerator) for around $50.

Just a thought - good luck with it anyway.

Brian

Back