• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lost a recipe and part of inventory

mynameissean

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I put a new recipe into beer smith two days ago.  I also entered in some items into my inventory (12oz bottles, 22oz bottles, and corn sugar).  When I opened it up today to enter my OG reading after brewing the recipe, I noticed that my recipe is no longer there.  I also looked in my inventory, and the 12oz bottles and corn sugar I had entered are gone.  But the 22oz bottles that I entered at the same time are still there.  I checked all the different Recipe1, Recipe2.bsmx files in the My Documents folder, and nothing in the Program Files\Beersmith 2 contained anything useful.  Is there anything else I can do to get this recipe back?

My build is 2.0.57

Hi,
  You can check the backup files (Recipe1.bsmx, Recipe2.bsmx, etc...) in the Documents/BeerSmith2 directory.  BeerSmith will load a backup automatically if the main file is corrupt which might have been the case here.

I also recommend upgrading to the new build (2.0.64 beta) available on the forum.  I've made a number of changes to try to make the saving/recovery of files more bullet proof.  I'll be releasing these as a formal release in a few days.

Brad

All of the Recipe1.bsmx, Recipe2.bsmx - Recipe5.bsmx don't have any additional information.  I created a folder for Belgian recipes in Beersmith, and I created the Tripel recipe inside of that folder.  I can see around Recipe3.bsmx that the folder was created, but in that one and all subsequent .bsmx files, there is no recipes under the belgian recipes sub category.

I loaded the beta version last night as well after I posted this bug report.

Back