• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

priming leftovers

sleastaq

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just brewed a batch of Raspberry Wheat and ended up with about 6 gallons. I plan to keg about 5 gals and bottle the rest.  Any idea how much I need to prime the remainder for bottling??
Thanks!

Make a copy of your recipe, scale it to 1gal, and BeerSmith should give you what you need for priming sugar.

I think I'm like everyone else, I've never made 1gal of beer  :eek:

Make a copy of your recipe, scale it to 1gal, and BeerSmith should give you what you need for priming sugar.

I think I'm like everyone else, I've never made 1gal of beer  :eek:
I bet if you're like me, you have drank a gallon, and then some. ;D

I keg and bottle also and what I do is add 1 heaping tsp of sugar to each bottle. Works great for me.

One Oz. of priming suger will do for the average 1 Gal. batch.

If you use Beer Smith all you need is the volumes of pressure you want, the beer temp., and the amount of beer you have. It will give you the exact amount of sugar even on small amounts. I've used this to bottle the expelled beer from a vigirous fermentation and a big blow off tube.     :D        ;)

Back