• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash Profile Association and Change Updates

dnorlund

New Forum Member
Reaction score
If a mash profile is revised in profiles are the changes supposed to reflect in the recipe the next time it is opened or if it is open?

Not sure if this is a bug, but to get a revised mash profile to appear in a recipe I have open in edit already, I must associate the recipe with another profile, save it, close it, then re open it, then re associate the revised profile with the recipe.  Only then will the updates appear in the recipe.

Seems like a bug.  Or maybe it is built this way on purpose?

I'm pretty sure its built this way on purpose.  Each recipe is a complete, self-contained unit...once created.  It gets its own copy of everything in the recipe with the data from the database at the time of insertion.  It works exactly the same for ingredients and mash profiles. 

I believe you do have to tell it to look at your new profile.  When the recipe is built it grabs the profile settings and applies them.  You should not have to save, close and reopen though.  Just go into the screen to choose another profile and choose the one you just updated.  It should reapply the new settings.  I remember going through this when I was tweaking my profiles and I had to do this.

Back