• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

calculate potential SG yield

K

krugvoll

Been using this program for a little while now and love it. However, I do have a question on how the potential SG is calculated. Specifically, I am using BeerSmith to help me create a recipe for hard lemonade (wife cant just drink beer) and was wondering how you figure out the SG. When I enter the info (under Yield, Potential SG) for the new item (lemonade concentrate), I would like to have the same proportions/calculations you use so BeerSmith scales the SG properly for larger/smaller amounts of concentrate. Hope I didnt ramble too much.

thank you

I set up the avg fruits for BeerSmith.  Setting up lemonade concentrate would be set up the same.  What is needed to do this is the % sugar in the concentrate.  Do you have this information?  

In lieu of that make one gallon of lemonaide with 1 pound of concentrate,  Measure the SG of the solution.  This will give you the PPPG of the concentrate.  Be precise with your measurements.  This is not adding 1 gallon of water, it is making 1 gallon of solution.

Fred

As I was unable to obtain the info through other means, this is exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it, thank you very much.

Back