• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

St Austell Proper Job Recipe

MRMARTINSALES

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
So i am going to attempt a light quite fruity hoppy beer similar to that of one of my favourite ales proper job by St. Austell.

I was looking into the recipe for this beer and it says that the grain they use is pale malt, maris otter. however i have typed all the data into beersmith and its telling me to use a substantial amount of grain to acheive my OG / FG and i assume its becasue of the low SRM of pale malt. Does anybody know if other malts are used in this brew or how i can increase sugars without getting a truck load of pale malt in whilst still mainatining a good beer. I want to stay away from crystal malt as it gives me a sweet smell / taste which is not how this beer tastes.

any comments from my fellow brewers would be much appreciated.

Hi,
I share your affinity to St. Austell's Proper job, great IPA! I notice there are unfortunately no reactions on your post.
However, how far did you come in your attempts composing a recipe, perhaps even brewing it?
Regards,
Slurk

Back