• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help isn't working on Mac running Lion.....

baixo

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Similar problem as some earlier posts....I cannot get Help to work on my Mac, running Lion, Beersmith 2, version 2.0.58 or 2.0.65. It takes me to the web browser and lists the Contents (help topics), but if I click on Index or Search....then nothing. Previous posts referred to the lack of a Resource Folder and the workaround was to drag and drop that folder from a previous version. Well, I have no previous version. Any ideas....??

Strange,
  I opened it on my Lion machine here and the index buttons/search don't work but if you click on any of the links (for example anything in the right pane of the browser) they all work.

I think it might be some kind of javascript issue with the tool that is preventing some of the links on the left side from working.  I'll talk with the tool maker (those links are actually generated by an automated tool I'm using for help files) and see if it can be corrected.

However you can use the navigation links in the right pane to navigate all of the topics.  Also, since the help is context sensitive you can actually open the BeerSmith program up, go to the dialog box or display you want help on and click on the help button and it will take you to that particular topic in the help files.

Brad

Back