• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew timer

pens

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just used the brew timer for the first time, and I thought of something that could improve it a little bit.  I ended up sparging too much water, so I wanted to boil 75 minutes, rather than 60 minutes.  In the brew timer, I see a 'Set' button that lets you start the timer shifted AHEAD (ie, start it at the 15 minute mark, and run for 45 minutes).  But what I would like to see is a way to shift BEHIND.  ie, I know I want to boil for 15 minutes to boil off some water before I start the hops.

You can use the "set" button to move back in time as well - just set it to whatever point you want the clock to use.

Also since it is updated automatically as you edit the recipe you could pause the timer, switch over to design view, and set your boil time to 75 minutes - then go back to the timer and it will change the end of boil and other times for you.

Brad

Back