• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

2.1 feedback / questions

repomanz

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm enjoying the 2.1 release and thought i'd share a few things.

1) norton 360 sonar alerts go off and remove beersmith.exe when trying to create an account through BS to the cloud service site.
2) I am thankful for 10 recipes but would like to see this bumped to 20 (without upgrade).
3) Does importing a recipe (specifically an all grain) consider your equipment specific losses during import?  It doesn't appear so.  If not, would be awesome to change the numbers automatically.  Same applies for 5 vs 10 vs 15 gallon batches
4) timers... thank you. LONG overdue.

thanks for the cool update.

JJ

Thanks!

1) See this thread: http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=7033.0;topicseen

2) I decided to go with a subscription model to support the site.

I could go into all of the reasons, but I think if you look at the usage to date (almost 3,000 recipes in a few days) and also the substantial server traffic (which may people forget about) that the site has to support - some 50,000 page views plus 10's of thousands of direct recipe uploads/downloads from the program itself in a few days you can understand why I had to place limits and also consider a subscription model.

I'll continue to look at the various levels more once we have some idea of how people are actually going to use the site and how big it might eventually become. At the moment the site traffic graph is just a 45 degree line going up every day - so we'll see where it levels off.

3) When importing a recipe from someone, I recommend using the "Scale Recipe" command and then picking your own equipment profile from within the "scale recipe" dialog.  This does just about everything you need in one step and matches that recipe as closely as possible to your equipment.

Thanks!
Brad

Back