• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredient cloning

cmbrougham

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Another thing I found the other day that would be a helpful little addition would be to enable cloning/duplicating of ingredients (particularly grains). For instance, I can get Munich from different maltsters, and while it's all roughly the same, it would be convenient to just duplicate an existing entry for the grain, and then update its information to reflect the newly added grain.

Would be a nice feature, unless, of course--it's already in there and I somehow missed it  :-[

Thanks!

Hi,
 There is a pretty easy way to do this.  

1. Select the item you want to clone.
  2. Select the "Copy" button
  3. Select the "Paste" button.

That's it...you now have a copy/clone.  8)

A related suggestion...One other user suggested a feature to "Save as duplicate" for recipes so you could save changes to a recipe as another name/clone if you changed your mind while playing with a recipe and wanted to preserve the original. I have not added this feature yet.

Cheers!
Brad

Oh, duh... yeah, that would work  ::) Once again, I was trying that with keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V). I forget that that feature is coming yet. Cool... that'll work for me though!

Back