• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hydrometer Adjust tool!

Conley

Apprentice
Reaction score
I used Beersmith 2 Hydrometer Adjust tool, 1.046 @ 80OF with calibration temp at 60OF to give me the corrected gravity of 1.048

so then using the exact same input i used  Brewzor Pro (android app) and it gave me 1.049 as the corrected gravity. so i went online figuring it is a rounding differerance between the two programs, and i was correct.

the corrected gravity is 1.0485, so Beersmith rounded down, and Brewzor rounded up, i can deal with that, but when i went into my recppe and typed in the value  1.0485 into beersmith, it then rounded it up to 1.049, although when doing the calculation it rounded down, to 1.048.

So im wondering if this is a oops in Beersmith as it would always want to round its calculations in the same order, or if beersmith is looking at the corrected value as 1.04854444.

Back