• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud recipe corrupt?

pintlicker

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I had a recipe for a double IPA I was working on and had saved it to the cloud.  I think it was working on Monday and I'm sure I saved it when I closed Beersmith.  Now when I go to it in beersmith it has lost all ingredients and when I go via the online interface at URL http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/8828/double-ipa I get

Batch Size: 5.00 gal Style: Imperial IPA (14C)
Boil Size: 6.52 gal Style Guide: BJCP 2008
Color: 7.6 SRM Equipment: Pot and Cooler ( 5 Gal/19 L) - All Grain
Bitterness: 77.3 IBUs Boil Time: 90 min
Est OG: 1.078 (18.7° P) Mash Profile: Single Infusion, Light Body, No Mash Out
Est FG: 1.013 SG (3.4° P) Fermentation: Ale, Single Stage
ABV: 8.5% Taste Rating: 30.0
Warning: usort() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/beersmit/public_html/cloud/lib/show_ing.php on line 47

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/beersmit/public_html/cloud/lib/show_ing.php on line 64
Ingredients

I do have a version in my email so I can get it back so its no big problem, but its probably worth someone having a look into what happened with it. 

thanks

Stu

Thanks,
  Could you leave it up there unchanged for a bit and I will download the raw BSMX and take a look at it.  It certainly looks like something in the ingredients section is corrupt.

Brad

Hi,
  I think I tracked it down - the recipe had no ingredients, but the web (php) code was still trying to sort and display the empty ingredient array.  I've corrected the code online.

Brad

Also - I've now added an automatic archiving feature for all "Gold" or higher members.  If you make an edit to a recipe in your cloud folder, all older versions will also be archived in a separate location so you can recover them in the future.

You can access the older versions by logging into your cloud account on the web, opening the recipe and clicking on the "Older Versions" link next to the Bookmark link below the recipe title.  It will only show up if you are a gold member or higher.

Cheers,
Brad

Back