• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Learning this program

cpeery2

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am REALLY having a hard time learning this program.
My latest problem is I somehow managed to lose the recipe I had almost finished entering.
I bought this program to make things easier and faster.
That ISN'T happening.

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else?

Anyone know how I can get my recipe back? & m,ore important, avoid making the same mistake again??

cpeery2

I don't know about getting the recipe back.  There is an autosave feature....but, I've never had to use it...

As far as prevention...save, and save often.  I save after I add almost every ingredient.  There's very little cost (none really) to saving every 20 seconds. 

I create the recipe, give it a name, and save it.  Add a couple grains, save.  Add a couple more, save.  Add some hops, save....etc. 

As far as learning the program in general....have you watched the videos?  http://beersmith.com/video/ or the support page?  http://beersmith.com/support/

As with most new software: it's best start simple.  Don't try to go from first installation to creating an original all-grain recipe with a custom equipment profile, custom water profile, and additions at every stage of the process.  You will drive yourself crazy that way. 

Follow the videos and getting started info on the support page, and copy/create an equipment profile for your equipment.  Most of the standard variations are already represented.  Copy a recipe and change the equipment profile to your profile.  Change an ingredient or two. 

Come back here as you work through the basics and as questions when you have them.  Several of us have been using it for years and years, and can tell you how to do most anything with the program.  I've been using it since circa 2003...its been so long I'm not even sure.

Back