• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewing Dates

JPor

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi -- I don't know what to call this question, but here goes:  When I am working on a batch, the calendar forces me to use standardized dates for brewing events, such as when to transfer to secondary, when to bottle, when the beer is ready etc. based upon brew date.  I tend to brew beers that don't follow standard timing, and may choose to leave beer in primary longer so that the diacetyl can work its way out of a batch, or postpone bottling, or age stronger beers longer than the period the program indicates -- often for many months.  I think it would be a handy thing if we could adjust the dates to match what we actually do with a batch.  This would make it easier to track our beers in the program, and make it handier for advanced brewers who may be inclined (like me) to experiment. 

This came about for me when I was trying to examine my batches so I could track my yeast history for a series of beers, and found that I could not do this easily as the dates for all brewing events are preset by the program.  Is there a way to modify this? 

Thanks --

Dr. John Whiteside

You can change the dates by adjusting the number of days in the aging/fermentation profiles.

Brad

If I change the dates in the aging/fermentation profile for a given recipe does that change all cases of that particular profile in other recipes? 

Hopefully, it just overrides the values in the one recipe of concern.  I've been afraid to try this for fear of messing up all the recipes that use the same profile.

Back