• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Few Questions..

Bgrohnke

Apprentice
Reaction score
As always, sorry if these are obvious questions..im still trying to get the hang of the program and where and how to find solutions

1) On the Mash tab: I batch sparge, and would like it to read as "1 step (add x.xx gallons of water)", yet it always reads "2 Steps (drain, , x.xxgal)"...Is the program considering me draining my tun a step? 

2) Why are the fermentation steps not outlined on any of the "reports"?  Is there a way to add them?

3) To create a step for Cold Crashing, I assume I would just have to make my Fermentation Profile a two step, and use 'secondary' as my cold crash step?

4) Everything else constant, why are my OG estimates different from other programs?  Is there an assumption, or calculation that Im not understanding?

Sorry to be asking a lot... :-\

Thanks,

Bryan

1. yes.

2.  There are a number of tags, associated with each stage of fermentation.  The default reports do not include these tags.  See the following thread for a complete lists of tags (compiled by yours truly for version 2).

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,1465.0.html

3.  Or a 3-step....and use the third step, which is my usual approach. 

4.  Beersmith includes a "fermentability" curve on the "options|advanced" page.  The lower the mash-temp the lower the FG estiamte will be. 

Back