• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Chill Haze

SHIRLEY

Apprentice
Reaction score
I bottled my beer.  My question is about chill haze.  I've been told if I put the beer in a very cold temperature it might eliminate chill haze.  If so, what temp would I shoot for and for how long?  I have a chest freezer so I could so this easily.  Would appreciate any responses.

Hi Shirley,

I experienced a haze in my pilsner as well and started a post "Chill haze: due to my mashing scheme? "
You can find the post under "Brewing discussions" it's still there in the top section I believe. I received some very interesting suggestions and got new perspectives regarding "haze". I think it could be wortwhile to scan through the post.

In your case it could be chill haze, perhaps it could be something else. I think it could be interesting for you
to find the reason behind the haze.

One thing I picked up from all the responses/suggestions is that since you bottled your beer you could warm up one beer and check if the haze disappeared. If yes, it could be chill haze, if not than it is not chill haze but something else (mash scheme, too long chilling down process, too fine crushed grains, too less Calcium etc.).

Regards,
Slurk

Back