• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Two machines (one Windows 7 the other Ubuntu), single data file. Will this work?

AScott

Apprentice
Reaction score
I tried to search and I wasn't able to find this specific topic. Sorry if it's a redundant post.

I am trying to revive an old laptop to use in the brewhouse. I can't install Windows 7 on it, so I was thinking I'd play with Ubuntu. I've never used anything other than Windows.

I was planning on storing all of my Beersmith data on a network drive and accessing it from both machines (at separate times, of course). I have 2 questions:

1. Will this work? Will the Ubuntu machine Beersmith install and the Win 7 machine Beersmith install be able to read the same Beersmith data file?

2. Will the key I have for my Win 7 install of Beersmith work with the Ubuntu install or will I need to purchase a separate key?

Thanks for any feedback.

I was wondering the same thing.
It would appear so, according to this thread" www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,3223.msg27328.html#msg27328

"Actually the beta version of BeerSmith for Ubuntu will accept your registration code, and yes you can use one code on two computers that are running different operating systems."

Back