• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lagerbox, and air locks

beercheer4me

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I have 5 carboys in the 2ndary , I came home today and in the past week or two noticed that the air locks have been in the reverse flow mode , when opening the top lid .
Then notice that the airlocks bubblers move in the direction they normally flow in, then start to bubble like there in the primary cycle, I think that the freezer is pulling a slight vacuum ,causing this effect, anyone else experience this effect, watching them for about 3 to 5 minutes the bubblers  quite  bubbling ,, I know my gravity is probably ok been brewing for 4 to 5 years now and everything went real good on this past back to back brew day ,Zombie dust,and Gumball head ,, beer looks good ,,,
Really freaks me out thinking that this air locks could bubble away for about 3 to 4 minutes then quiets ,
Anyone else had a similar effect ?

Back