• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Orange Marmalade in Wit beer?

keithshead

Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,
Brewing a Wit beer this weekend. Only a 2.5 gallon batch. Will be using white labs Belgian Wit yeast and Indian coriander but with regards to the orange i have an idea: My wife is a pretty good jam maker and we have some pretty dark strong flavoured orange marmalade left. I am thinking about using that at the end of the boil instead fresh peel.

Does anyone have experience of this? Also, how much coriander am i looking to use here?

Cheers

Hi Keithshead,

Perhaps you already have started, but this I found on a dutch beer brew site (brouw-bier.nl). I have translated it for you.

"In wit beer, doubles and triples, the coriander should not dominate. 3 to 4 grams per 10 liter for these beers is more than enough. The best way is to grind the coriander and to add it at the end of your boiling."

Good luck!
Slurk

Great mate. Thanks. Been a bit delayed in my brewing so will use the advice.

Back