• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can restore recipes, etc., but what about settings/options

aledawg

Apprentice
Reaction score
After altering my My Documents folder structure, and thus also the path to the BeerSmith2 folder and not thinking about the consequences, I was greeted by the need to enter my license code when I started BeerSmith the next time.

No big deal, I thought, found the key and entered it and starter BS without problem.

But, all my recipes and ingredients and things were gone.  I pointed the documents folder to my previous Beersmith2 folder, but nothing turned up.

* Old folder path [user]\My Documents\BeerSmith2
* New folder path [user]\Skydrive\My Documents\Beersmith2  <- Yes, I synced all my docs up to Skydrive, but the contents of this folder are as they were before

Yes, I can re-import all my recipes and ingredients and such, but it is a pain (plus I don't know if it'll reimport my 2009, 2010, 2011 folders)

Also, I don't know how I can restore my Options (settings).

Isn't there a way to get BeerSmith to "see" all the files in the correct BeerSmith2 folder and "pull it into" the application?

Thx,
-e

I recently had the same exact problem. Unfortunately, while I can see my ingredients files, I can't figure out how to import them..or even copy from the *.bsmx file to my current ingredients file...so I'm having to re-create each entry by hand...there has to be an easier way. Am I missing something?

This is something I really miss from ProMash...it was MUCH more portable (and recoverable)...it seems with BeerSmith, the file/database structure is so convoluted that one wrong step (such as renaming a directory) and you lose EVERYTHING...

Back